Friday, June 26, 2009

Michelle Bachmann, At It Again! (VIDEO)




Crazy meets crazy, but sometimes, the first crazy says to the second crazy, "You're too crazy for me, I'm outta here!"

It's always fun to poke fun at Michelle Bacmann's utter-stupidity, and by extension the people she represents because they elected her, even AFTER she threw herself into crazy mode.

I've been developing a conspiracy theory about Michelle Bachmann. Could it be that she actually doesn't believe what she is saying, but wants national attention and fame that she just keep coming out to say it, and knows she has an ear- and mouthpiece on Fox News? I can understand her wanting to be famous; there are 435 representatives and locals fail to hear anything about the lower folks on the totem pole because nobody wants to talk to them. So what she does is go out and say crazy shit, gets the audience to follow what she is saying, and videos on YouTube skyrockets as she is consistently passed around, such as I am doing right now, and gets national attention and fame. It works, and therefore she keeps doing it. So that's my conspiracy theory: she really is an intellectual conservative that makes sense to her colleagues and other folks in private and makes a character in public, much like Stephen Colbert. However, if you're not conservative, you already know, he's joking.

I know what you're thinking, and I agree. My theory couldn't possibly be true. To go out in public and claim the Census is going to be used to round-up folks of an undesired race (maybe crazy white women?) is downright silly. To claim further that there should be a question to weed out illegal immigrants by asking "Are you an American citizen?" is downright hilarious. If I were an illegal immigrant, with everything else being equal, you know what I would do when I got my Census survey and it asked me that question? I would lie, and mark "Yes". There, it's now official and no harm can be done to me. Oh wait, there is harm: the statistics are now wrong. We now have no illegal immigration problem. Well, I guess problem solved? Of course, I overly simplified the situation, but the census is not for finding out how many citizens and non-citizens we have, but to find out the current demographics are in particular areas, and adjusting the seats in Congress accordingly. Sure, some states will benefit from illegal populations, but those states have been benefiting for more than the last Census in 2000. most illegal immigrants won't even be filling one out because they can't physically own property or most of the time rent property, so Michelle, I think you lose that argument, mainly because you're FROM MINNESOTA.

Again, even I don't believe my theory, but it was worth a shot, huh? I can dream of a less stupid world can't I? Or will I continually face stupid speech in this world, particularly from one Michelle Bachmann? Oh well, at least I can blog about her and say mean things and she really can't do anything about it.

1 comment:

Nati said...

I'm sure I'm missing something, but this doesn't seem unusually insane to me. It's true that she's being rather dishonest in on the one hand warning that the census could be used to get personal rather than demographical information, and on the other hand criticizing the government for not trying to get personal information about illegal immigrants.

I'll tell you what though - what she says about the Japanese internment camps using information from the census is disturbing, if true. Sure it's ridiculous, but there's actually been precedent. There is definitely a cogent argument against letting the government collect information about its citizens. Though I hope it's wrong, considering I helped conduct the Israeli census.