Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fox Noise is Given Taste of Own Pills (VIDEO)




So, sorry about another block between postings. I've been kinda preoccupied with other things the last couple of weeks. I'm actually do this today because I miss my fiance and she would want me to keep busy.

Anyway, up there was a video of Griff Jenkins being ambushed by a blogger. Kinda reversed, since Griff is usually the one doing the ambushing of bloggers and other liberals. Props to Adam, I believe is his name, for net letting go and not being badgered by the fact that Griff was the one with the microphone.

It's very annoying the tactics Fox uses to get interviews. How very low on the journalism totem pole is that? How desperate to paint the opposition or disagreers in a bad light are they? It's good to see that Griff got a taste of his own medicine.

There is also one extra bit in that clip that I would like to address: Griff mentions the 1st Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America. I'm sure my finance knows it better than he does since she just took Political Science. Please allow me to quote that amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Which means that a private event that says "no press" has every right to block someone's "free speech" rights, because Congress hasn't made it law. Things said on this blog, the television, the radio, and other such media outlets are not allowed to say whatever they want to say and then say it was their first amendment right to do so. Utterly false. Your free speech is only protected if the government tries to make a law abridging your right to speak out against it. Like what Iran is doing right now with journalists and the protests. That shit is protected. But me calling Sarah Palin a retard (though she is) is not protected. If she could prove actual malice, I'd be in deep doo-doo.

1 comment:

Astrid said...

It makes me med to see shitty journalism. Have some standards when you are reporting news! Report what is really important, things that don't take up space. "Journalists" who pounce on people like that should be banned from carrying a tape recorder and a reporters notebook.

And yes, keep busy :)