Thursday, July 23, 2009

Birthers Should Be Aborted (VIDEOS)

This video is of G. Gordon Liddy acting like an imbecile trying to defend the "birther movement" on Hardball.


I too am flabbergasted as to the "birther movement" on Barack Obama's citizenship. Obviously these crazy folks don't understand parsimony. Usually the simplest answer is the truth. So the entire conspiracy cannot be true (as with most conspiracies), because it is too complicated and it tries to refute the most basic of facts.

I've tried to restrain myself writing on this topic, as I do not believe it should even be talked about. However, watching this clip, the crazy lady from the Mike Castle town hall (video below), and that other crazy woman from last fall (at McCain's rally), I've had it with this stupid speech.




I've had it to fucking here with these racist idiots. I cannot believe for one minute these people hold at least a high school diploma. Liddy says his STEP grandmother was present at his birth. This is absolutely fascinating. Does anyone know what step means? It means mommy and daddy got divorced and mommy or daddy got remarried some time in the future. Obama's parents were happily together (at least happy enough to have a child and present his birth to the world in a classified ad). There was no STEP mother or father that would have been present at his birth because they weren't with the father or the mother. I would assume that would be abundantly clear, that STEP relatives come later. I'll use myself for example: My STEP father didn't come into my life until I was 9 years old, 9 years after my birth. I met my STEP grandmother 1 or 2 years later. My mom did not know my STEP father at the time of my birth, let alone my STEP grandmother. She would not have been present at my birth.

My second beef is that of crazy lady above and the crowd as a whole. I understand they are mostly Republicans due to Mike Castle; however, none of them should have given credence to this woman. First of all, she holds up a plastic bag with documents in it claiming she is a citizen of the United States because she was born, I guess in Delaware. Fair enough. However, I did some light research and I discovered, as did Chris Matthews, that "Certificate of Live Birth" and "Birth Certificate" are usually interchangeable on what are called "short forms" and can be used to get a driver's license, a passport, and oh yeah, give main evidence for CITIZENSHIP. Liddy continued this yarn when he kept the issue on semantics with Matthews. I believe it is because it says "Live" on it. Otherwise it would say "Certificate of Birth" which, in English, means the same thing as "Birth Certificate" with the use of a preposition. Funny that, English being able to transpose words. It wouldn't very well say "Certificate of Dead Birth", because 1) you wouldn't need one because you're dead and 2) that would be a waste of paper. So, in all fairness, this woman's birth certificate is the same as Obama's, with hers being a long form with doctor's signatures and administrators signatures and the like. I can tell you, my birth certificate is a copy of a copy (from 1986, a Xerox of a Xerox) placed onto super cool embossed LA County paper that is multicolored with a stamp on it by the LA County Registrar. It's not an original by an means. I think I have 3 copies of it. Does this mean my birth can be in question? No, because it is on super cool embossed paper that is multicolored, everyone knows it is real, even though it is not an original. I don't even think the LA County Registrar has the original anymore. Which means my entire life will be summed up in one copy of a copy. Luckily it has my mom's signature on it. Whew, dodged that bullet.

She exclaims she wants her country back. I'm not sure what she means, because she never had it. Unless she owned the United States, it was never hers. It is all of ours. And hey, we have this fucking awesome system that has been in place without major change for over 200 years. It's called our election process. Guess what lady, you had your president for 8 years, putting us in this mess, now it's your turn to sit down and shut up. Our lovely electoral process got a new person with a new agenda, and I am truly sorry your life has a close-minded void in it, but that's not my fault nor my problem. I have no idea where WWII got into the picture, seeing as how Obama's uncle or someone also fought in WWII. Greatest generation or not, they have no business in your argument. Waving around an American flag doesn't help you either.

I've got a problem with anyone who does not maintain a certain level of acting intelligence and decency. By acting intelligence, I mean a level at which one can go through a day aware of one's impact on others around them and a clear understanding of how the world works. You don't have to be smart to have a decent acting intelligence, you just have to be able to understand. I do not believe it is hard for anyone who stops and thinks for a moment before acting. I do not believe it is hard for anyone with integrity and respect for others. I am appalled at this woman's blathering, because she would do everyone a favor by keeping her trap shut. To the Republicans who are cosponsoring a bill to require birth certificate presentation during an election cycle, I feel sorry for you and your constituents that you are wasting everyone's time with this feat of bigotry that has come out of this birther movement, not to mention the 43 presidents that did not have to endure such filth (they were all white).

I'll tell you what, if he needed that Certificate of Live Birth to get a driver's license, to get his passport, and to get into college, then that would be good enough for me to establish citizenship. I have a US passport and driver's license that I had to furnish my birth certificate. When I am 35, I could become president (bad thought, I know). Other than skin color, what would be the difference between Barack Obama and I? Nothing, really.

Again I say to all of you birthers, sit down and shut up. I am afraid I will have to punch anyone I come across spouting this shit, this filth, this stupid speech.

2 comments:

Borat said...

Seriously this is really infuriating.

Nati said...

I'll go one step further and say it's a stupid idea in the first place to require you to be born in the US for you to be eligible for presidency. It's a country of immigrants. If you want to go that way you should only let Native Americans be eligible for that office.

I do suspect though that it has less to do with race and more with democraphobia and misguided and confused supernationalism. If Bill Clinton in his time would have had foreign parents and had had that fact highly publicized, this fact would probably provide a similar level of excitement for, as you say, stupid people.

I do have to say though that to be a step grandmother of somebody all you have to do is marry his divorced or widowed grandfather. This could easily be done before the kid is born. Yeah. Scant proof, still.